Monday, January 19, 2009

Boot Camping It Up!!

My experiment was a success!! I added a little bit of boot camp into our spin routine and received several "I loved it, I hate you" emails this morning. I guess a few of you felt all those squats, planks, and sit-ups. YES!!!

I am going to try to put a theme to each week. We are familiar with the LT Test week we used last week to find our max heart rate for cycling. I envision the sequence to go:

Week 1 LT Test or progress testing
Week 2 Boot Camp It Up
Week 3 Speed Racer
Week 4 Endurance, Endurance, Endurance

We have a blog!! http://bvwomenonly.blogspot.com/ I will post the emails and pictures from our events. You can write comments and share your suggestions there also.

This week's plan
1-21-09
5:30 pm
Boot Camping It Up!!

1-25-09
11:15 am
Boot Camping It Up!!

12:30 pm
Specialized Clinic
Please RSVP for the Clinic if you would like to attend
So, its your turn to share your health snack ideas. Let's do a Healthy Snack Potluck. Bring 4 or 5 servings of your favorite healthy snacks. We'll get good snacks and great ideas for what to add to our weekly shopping list.

There has been an interest expressed in doing a "Yoga for Cyclists" class. I have ordered a DVD to guide us through the poses and provide us with knowledge about another important aspect of our athletic endeavors: flexibility. I have scheduled February 1st and 22nd for this activity. We will spin first and then do the Yoga DVD. Please let me know what you think about this idea.

Enjoy your week!!

Andrea

1 comment:

Michelle said...

O yea - it worked! one arm had to pick up the other ... and vicee-versa :)

Post a Comment